There are many different batting gloves on the market and come in various styles, sizes, and prices. There are also very strong opinions on whether or not kids should wear batting gloves at all! This guide will give you the information you need to decide whether or not your child should use batting gloves and help you choose which ones to buy if they do!
The Current Situation
The answer to this question is a matter of opinion. Some people believe that batting gloves are necessary for kids to use, while others do not believe they are necessary at all. Some think kids should use batting gloves to protect their hands when swinging the bat. Overall, deciding whether or not to use batting gloves is up to you as an individual player. It really depends on your personal preference. If you have very small hands or are in pain after hitting, then maybe wearing batting gloves would be a good idea. But if your child is struggling to make contact with the ball anyways, then a pair of batting gloves can actually help to improve their swing.
What Are Some Alternatives
The first alternative is to teach the child how to hit with a bare hand. This will help build up their hand strength and their hand and eye coordination. They can also learn how to grip the bat better without interference from the batting gloves. Another option is for them to use protective gear like bat grip tape. This will provide them protection against the shock from a hard hit. Another way to get used to batting is to practice children drills focusing on their hitting technique, such as hitting off a tee.
How to Choose the Best Type of Glove
One of the most important pieces of equipment in any baseball player’s arsenal is a set of batting gloves. They protect your hands while you’re at bat and can help you maintain your grip on the bat better than just gripping with your bare hands. If you’re not sure what type to get, consider these factors:
- Material: Synthetic or Leather? Generally, leather gloves will last longer, but synthetic ones will cost less and dry faster if wet.
- Size: Make sure your gloves fit well so they don’t hamper your ability to grip and swing the bat effectively. The fingers should be long enough so that when you put them on, there is still room for movement.
- Reputation: Is the brand well-known? When purchasing your first pair of batting gloves, you’ll want to make sure the brand is reputable for a long-lasting, well-made product. For example, Lizardskins batting gloves are worn by pro athletes and are known for their bat grip tape.
Factors That You Need to Consider Before Buying the Glove
The first thing you need to consider before buying a glove is the player’s age. Younger players can use a lighter and softer glove to help them get used to catching balls. Older players may want something that provides more protection and is designed for their specific position on the field. Plus, don’t forget about the price! The type of glove you purchase will depend on how much you’re willing to spend. Paying more upfront for a higher-quality glove that will last longer might be worth it.
How To Measure The Right Size Of A Glove
The first thing to consider when buying batting gloves is the size. When you buy gloves, you want to make sure you get the right size for your hands. The best way to do this is by using one of three methods:
- Measure from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your palm, and get a pair that corresponds with that measurement.
- Wrap a measuring tape around your hand at its widest point – usually about an inch below your knuckles – and get a pair of gloves that correspond with that measurement.
- Use a string or cloth measuring tape (the circumference) and wrap it around the widest part of your hand (usually right below where it bends). Get a pair of gloves that corresponds with that measurement.
Kids should use batting gloves when they are learning how to play baseball. It is important to protect their hands and get used to the feeling of gripping a bat with a glove.